Once a client has accepted the cost proposal provided by South Anna for a database solution, Systems Development begins within the time specified on the proposal. Development is broken down into the following areas.
These conditions are established for every form, report, and additional process defined within the requirements assessment. By utilizing these test cases, South Anna further consolidates its quality assurance and testing phase at the end of a project’s development. It is our goal to deliver to our clients a fully functional software solution that meets all the defined and documented needs and meets all the business and program requirements established with our client.
- Establish test cases based on business rules and programming requirements.
- Build form functionality to allow for data entry, calculations, and data retrieval.
- Build functionality using the criteria and details established in Phase II.
- Generate queries for form and report operation.
- Build reporting functionality using the criteria and details established in Phase II.
- Complete initial Quality Assurance checks and testing to ensure all operations established in the System Design Phase are functioning.
- Design the security interface.
- Include client in the system testing.
- Install and train client in use of a bug tracker.
At South Anna we use standardized templates and modules when developing new projects for our clients. The templates used in our program development are pre-created and pre-tested so we know they’ll perform the functions needed. These templates are also flexible so that we can meet and apply the unique needs and the nuances of each client’s business organization.
Standardization of code within our organization means we can be more efficient in meeting your needs. Our response time is faster and allows us to give you more personalized service. Because your database is developed using standardized code, you do not need to wait for the programmer who has been working on your project, any of the programmers in our offices can review and modify your code as needed. In the long run, maintenance of your information management system is simplified. Under normal circumstances, different programmers can view a single problem-solving situation and each can use a different way to write the code that creates the solution. You face potential code inconsistencies and long-term maintenance issues. By using standardized code templates and modules, we eliminate these inconsistencies in our development methods. In addition to the use of these internally developed tools, we also add value to a client’s project by re-utilizing the following standardized and tested code modules across all programs:
Report Selection Forms and Queries
- Mail Merge Functionality
- Auto Table Linking Procedure
- Search Functionality for List Forms
- Custom Designed Grid Maintenance Form, which allows for more control over data and eliminates the limitations encountered when using MS Access Sub forms.
- Consistent Form Navigation
- Consistent and Standardized Code Blocks
Microsoft Visual Basic Programming
- We have Visual Basic Experience in:
- Custom Active X control creation Designing and implementing custom programs from the ground up for business
- Designing and distributing commercial programs for mass distribution
- Creating Visual Basic interfaces to websites (ASP)
- Creating Visual Basic front-ends to SQL servers
- Designing GIS (Graphical Information System)
- Creating Visual Basic multimedia audio/video systems
- Creating specialized Internet Browsers using Visual Basic
- Creating automated e-mail send and collection systems
- Creating contraction estimation systems
Microsoft Access/SQL Programming
- We have Access database experience with:
- Large Access database with hundreds of tables, reports, and queries
- Complex VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) form and module coding
- Extremely complex reporting requirements
- Large legal document organization
- Customer service databases
- Customer catalog and pricing systems
- Inventory management
- Full-scale accounting systems
- ActiveX component integration
- Access to Website integration
- Multimedia integration (images, etc.)
- Automated e-mail sending and collection systems